Rules and Regulations for students
The students should follow the Rules & Regulations of College as below:
- The Classes will start at 9.00 am in all working days. All the students shall assemble in their respective classes at least 5 minutes before first hour start.
- All the Students shall be present for the General Assembly on Mondays at 9.00 am.
- All the students should wear the following Dress Code:
Boys: White shirt and black pant with ID card, tie along with black or brown shoe.
Girls: As usual college dress code with ID card.
All other working days:
Boys: As usual college dress code with ID card, black or brown shoe.
Girls: As usual college dress code with ID card.
- All students should come clean shaved & neatly dressed as per College dress code.
- Strict discipline must be maintained in our college campus. All indisciplinary action will attract Minus Credit Points [MCP] as mentioned under guidelines for assignment of MCP.
- The use of Cigarette, Liquor and Chewing gum or its possession is completely prohibited inside the College Campus.
- Display of objectionable behavior like use of foul language or harassment of other Student or Faculty members or Staff is prohibited.
- All the Students shall clear the dues to the College within the stipulated time period without attracting any fine.
- All the Students should attend the Coaching classes compulsorily when they are announced.
- The student should take leave only after prior written permission from the Principal through their respective Faculty Advisor and Head of the Department.
- Students should seek solutions to their grievances, if any, through staff Advisor.
- Strike or Agitation or Dharna or Assembling against any one of the staff or the college is totally banned. If the students are found violating any one of the above rules, they will attract severe punishment including termination from college by competent authority.
- Academic Performance:
For any student, If his / her no of arrears reach to 10, he / she has to give one undertaking along with his / her Parent, Saying that within the next semester I will complete all arrear exams otherwise I will abide by the action taken by the institution.
2. GUIDELINES FOR ASSIGNMENT OF MINUS CREDIT POINTS (MCPS)
Attending College / Assembly late
Breaking silence during compulsory study hours
Not keeping proper dress code
Sitting in others room without warden’s permission
Not wearing identity card intact
Not switching off fans, lights, not closing water taps etc after use
Coming to college shabby / unshaved
Not locking the hostel rooms properly
Making noise/ disturbing the class
Leaving Hostel without proper permission
Making class rooms / campus dirty
Smoking in rooms / hostel
Leaving class room / absenting without proper permission
Smoking in College / Campus
Malpractices in examination
Not submitting record work / practical record/ assignments in time
All teachers / wardens / deputy wardens / HOD/ Principal are empowered to identify and report the cases to the concerned Faculty Advisor to assign the MCPs. When the MCPs cross 10 point students will be warned / fined under intimation to parents. When the students cross 15 MCPs he / she will not be permitted to continue his/ her studies in the college. Consumption of liquor in college / Hostel / Campus attracts severe punishments / heavy fine / termination.
3. CELL PHONES
Use of cell phones in class / hostel / campus is totally banned. If found using, it will be seized in addition to disciplinary action.
Ragging is banned inside the College / Hostel / campus. Anybody involved in any form of ragging will attract severe punishment leading to termination of students from the college. In addition the matter will be reported to the University for debarring the students from university students and to the police station for criminal procedure.
In case of emergency student can contact the following numbers.
- 91-8220077052 - SRCE
- 91-8220077054 - Principal
- 91-8220077061 - Administrative Officer (AO)
- 04633-272775 - Warden
A minimum of 75% attendance is required to appear for the university examination. Otherwise the student - has to repeat the semester after six months.
6. INTERNAL ASSESSMENTS:
Internal assessment is done in the form of three examinations – series test – I; series test – 2 and Model Examination. All the three examinations have equal weightage. The attendance and pass in each subject is compulsory. However if a student fails to attend the examination due to genuine reasons, he could take the re-test free. Other students who fail or absent can take re-test to improve their internal marks by paying a nominal charge as given below.
Re-test charge for failed subject = Rs. 100/-; Re-test charge for absented subject = Rs. 200/-
7. MESS BILL
Hostellers must pay the Mess Bill for the previous month on or before 5th of the following month, failing which a late fee of Rs. 50 per day will be charged.
8. UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION FEE
Students are required to pay the University Examination fee at least two days before the last date as announced by the University to enable the college office to prepare the application forms of the students for registration with university and taking the demand draft in favour of the university. Student failing to remit the examination fee on or before the last date will have to remit a late fee of Rs. 100 per day.
9. PROGRESS REPORT
Progress report will be sent along with outstanding dues by post or through student after each examination to keep the parents informed of about their students. The parents must send back the same with their signature.
10. PERIODIC VISITS
The parents are requested to make periodic visit to the college to get to know about the performance of their wards from concerned faculty advisors / HOD’s in addition to coming for parents teaching association (PTA) meeting.
11. INTERNAL MARKS
Internal marks will be granted as per university norms.
The average mark obtained for the earlier mentioned three examinations is proportionally reduced for 15 marks and rounded to nearest integer. The mark for attendance out of 5 is calculated as follows.
Marks out of 5
76 to 80
81 to 85
86 to 90
91 to 95
96 to 100
Thus the marks earned by a student who got the following marks and attendance are given here as an example
Series test – 1
X marks out of 100
Series test – 2
Y marks out of 100
Z marks out of 100
Average % Marks = (x + y+ z)/3
Marks reduced for 15 = (x + y+ z)/ 3X (15/100)
Internal Marks Earned by the above student = (x+ y+ z)/3 X (15/100) +3 (for 90% Attendance)